EPF Withdrawal Rule Change. Get Rupees 1 Lakh Advance Instantly in your bank EPF Withdrawal Rule Change: Get Rupees 1 Lakh Advance Instantly in your bank account.To get the EPFO medical advance the Patient must be admitted for treatment in a Government/PSU/CGHS impaneled hospital as per the rules of the circular
Employees registered for their Employee Provident Fund (EPF) are eligible for Rs 1 lakh in funds as a medical advance. This can be taken out against their accumulated corpus for emergency medical treatment or hospitalization. Employees also need not give any estimate as to the cost of said hospitalization or procedure before withdrawing the funds. This information comes in light of a circular that was circulated by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). The circular was a revisit by the organization to the matter of granting medical advance in the event of medical emergencies for employees under the PF scheme.
The revisited and streamlined circular outlines the ambit within which the medical advance falls and even the treatment conditions under which it will be given. One of the additions to the parameters was the inclusion of Covid-19 related treatments. EPF Withdrawal Rule Change
According to the circular, this advance applies to the employees covered under the Central Services Medical Attendant (CS(MA)) rules as well as those who fall under the coverage of the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS).
“In life-threatening diseases, many times it becomes imperative to get the patient immediately admitted in the hospital on emergency to save his/her life and it is not possible to get the estimate from hospital in such situations. A need is felt for streamlining the advanced facility for such serious in-patient treatment in the hospital whenever family members of employees are not able to manage estimates from the hospital concerned in which such patient has been admitted in an emergency. Sometimes patient employees may be in ICU where the estimate is not known in advance. Hence the following procedure may be adapted to grant medical advance for emergency hospitalization on account of serious life-threatening illness including Covid,” said the circular.
1) The Patient must be admitted for treatment in a Government/PSU/CGHS impaneled hospital as per the rules. If the patient is admitted to a private hospital due to an emergency, they can appeal to the relevant authority to consider their case as fit to grant relaxation in rules so that the medical bills can be reimbursed. In such a case the advance can be given to private hospitals as well.
2) The employee or a family member has to submit a letter on behalf of the patient for claiming the advance. It need not have an estimate of the cost, but it does need to have the details of the hospital and the patient. EPF Withdrawal Rule Change
3) The medical advance of up to Rs 1 lakh can then be granted by the concerned authority to the patient or family member or can be directly deposited to the hospital’s accounts for beginning the treatment process. This advance should be granted immediately, preferably on the same working day. If not, it should be given on the following working day after the receipt of the application. It should also be given without insistence for the estimate of expenditure from the hospital or any other documentation. This responsibility falls to the concerned office (ACC-ASD for the Head Office).
4) If treatment costs exceed the Rs 1 lakh advance, then an additional advance is possible as long as it falls under the rules of withdrawal of the EPFO. This advance will only be granted after the receipt of the estimate for treatment that is to come and before the patient is discharged from the hospital. The additional advance will be given, minus the amount that was initially given.
5) The employee or family member needs to submit the hospital bill within 45 days after being discharged. The medical advance will be adjusted to fit the final bill of the hospital as per the EPF rules. Any further reimbursement or recovery of advance needs to happen while the medical bill is being processed.
This Circular was issued on 22nd July 2021. | EPF Withdrawal Rule Change
pf claim status, epf name change correction form, pf form 5 for name correction, epf member balance information, epf date of birth correction form, epf name change online, epf name change form, epf balance enquiry online, pf balance check, pf online, epf balance, pf balance, epf online, pf status, pf check, pf balance check with uan number, pf account, epf status, pf balance check online, epf balance inquiry, pf withdrawal status, pf withdrawal online, epf form, epf form 31, form 31 pf.
Kindly note that this site is not the official website of the EPFO organization. We provide information available from the internet and the information available on epfoadvise.co.in may vary from the actual information. We collect information online from different resources including the official website of the EPFO organization.
If you find any information wrong or corrections need to do, you are requested to kindly contact us.