“eShram Portal – Shramev Jayate for National unorganised Workers”
What is eSHRAM portal
The Ministry of Labour & Employment which is one of the oldest and important Ministries of the Government of India is continuously working on improving the life and dignity of the Labour force of the country by protecting & safeguarding the interest of workers, promoting the welfare and providing social security to the Labour force both in Organized and Unorganized Sectors by enactment and implementation of various Labour Laws, which regulate the terms and conditions of service and employment of workers.
Accordingly, the Ministry of Labour & Employment has developed an eSHRAM portal for creating a National Database of Unorganized Workers (NDUW), which will be seeded with the Aadhaar. It will have details of name, occupation, address, educational qualification, skill types and family details etc. for the optimum realization of their employability and extend the benefits of the social security schemes to them. It is the first-ever national database of unorganised workers including migrant workers, construction workers, gig and platform workers, etc.
Objectives of eSHRAM Portal:
- Creation of a centralized database of all unorganized workers (UWs) including Construction Workers, Migrant Workers, Gig and Platform workers, Street Vendors, Domestic Workers, Agriculture Workers, etc., to be seeded with Aadhaar.
- To improve the implementation efficiency of the social security services for the unorganized workers.(ii) Integration of Social Security Schemes meant for UWs being administered by MoLE and subsequently those run by other ministries as well.
- Sharing of information in respect of registered unorganised workers with various stakeholders such as Ministries/ Departments/ Boards/ Agencies/ Organisations of the Central & State Governments through APIs for delivery of various social security and welfare schemes being administered by them.
- Portability of the social security and welfare benefits to the migrant and construction workers.
- Providing a comprehensive database to Central and State Governments for tackling any National Crises like COVID-19 in future.
Who can register in the eShram (NDUW) Portal?
- Any individual satisfying the following conditions can register on the portal
An unorganised worker (UW).
- Age should be between 16-59 years.
- Not a member of EPFO/ESIC or NPS (Govt. funded)
Who is Unorganised Worker?
- Any worker who is a home based-worker, self-employed worker or a wage worker in the unorganised sector including a worker in the organised sector who is not a member of ESIC or EPFO or not a Govt. employee is called an Unorganised Worker.
What is required for registration?
Following is required to register on the portal:
- Aadhar Number
- The mobile number is linked with Aadhaar.
- Savings Bank Account Number with IFSC code
|S. No.||Name||Designation||Phone Number|
|1||Shri. Apurva Chandra||Secretary (L&E)||firstname.lastname@example.org||23710265|
|2||Smt. Anuradha Prasad||Special Secretaryemail@example.com||23710178|
|3||Shri. Ajay Tewari||JS & DGLWfirstname.lastname@example.org||23389688|
|4||Shri. Manoj Kumar Gupta||Director||manojk[dot]email@example.com||23384891|
|5||Shri. Ratnakar Jha||Under Secretary||ratnakar[dot]firstname.lastname@example.org||23389222|
|6||Shri. Ajay Kumar Singh||Under Secretary||akumar[dot]email@example.com||23389928|
|7||eSHRAM PMU Team||eshram.pmu-mole @nic.in|